Well after many years in the making the hill has finally been resculpted! We decided to take a couple of pictures while the work was being done.
A view of the start of the hill being dug up.
Closer view of the start of the dig.
A view from the bridge of the dig.
A view from the bottom of the hilll.
A view from the middle of the hill.
A bottom view of the hill halfway dug up.
From the Top of the hill.
The finished view of the hill.
We are happy to announce another great year at the Kato Cycle Club! It’s a busy season with so much going on in every member’s life but collectively we continue to find the time to promote the sport of motorcycling.
Projects taking place at the club this year include everything from trail maintenance, to additional electrical work. Amongst all the projects at our club the most notable, and long time in the making, is the unveiling of our newly sculpted hill! Its high degree of incline in combination with multiple integrated jumps on the way up is sure to provide both entertainment and a challenge for those whom attempt.
In other News, our KCC member Jay Sallstrom starts off another great climbing season. Jay finished 2nd with a .02 second gap between him and first at the AMA Pro Unlimited Hillclimb at the Middle Tennessee Dragway in Cookeville TN. Hats off to Jay and way to represent for Minnesota!
This is a motorcycle only event - no 4 wheelers. We are not able to safely combine 4 wheelers and motorcycles on our trails for an event like this. Please spread the word.
- Concessions on grounds Sunday will be available
- Kato Cycle Club property is in the Blue Earth River Valley.
- Start 8am-5pm. $25 per rider.
- Sign-up 7am. 6-16-13, Gate open 5pm. 6-15-13
- Free Camping-Moto Parking area. No campfires.
- Concessions on grounds Sunday will be available.
- AMA and Dist. 23 Rules apply: Comply. Trespass laws apply
- Primitive camping and concessions available.
- Riding Area boundary by private property - KEEP OUT!
Here's some pictures of the bridge we fixed after it was washed out.
A crane putting the wood for the bridge in place
The Wood after it was put in place and strapped in.
The wood after it was put in place for the bridge.